Friday, September 2, 2011

up with the sun

I'm eating mint chocolate fudge.  In bed.  And watching Dragon Tales.  Listening to tiny sleepy baby breaths.  Be jealous.

It's that time of year where I have to wonder if everyone I encounter wonders about a possible drug problem.  I am walking around in an allergy-induced fog which a) makes blood shot, watery, tired eyes (like I need help in the tired department) b) makes me sniffle and c) make me look sickly.

And as if I needed yet another excuse to be exhausted, I woke up before the sun this morning.  I am not a see the sun rise sort of girl.  I celebrated an early wake up call with a lovely trip to the dermatologist.  To remove a mole where nobody should ever have a mole.  Tossing around things like, "We're just gonna cookie cutter that outta there" made me feel slightly nauseous and I very nearly tiptoed out of the room.  I did it, and it's gone.  Now, I patiently wait to make sure that it was nothing to be concerned about.  And sorry to the sweet dermatologist and her nurse for such a lovely start to the day, though I know it could have been a lot worse.

It needs to be noted here that the last two mornings, I have WOKEN EISLEY UP TO GO SOMEWHERE.  Sunday, the first day to sleep in all week, she will be up at the crack of dawn.  You wait and see.

Yesterday, my hairs had their own party in bleach and caramel colors while I had a side of chatter.  I feel human again.

Today, I indulged in further human-like (less robot-maid and mom like) and spent hours at the outlets.  Feel free to nominate me for Mother of the Year award.  I had all of our things packed last night to leave early this morning.  Since we left so early, I put sleepy, pajama-clad children into the car with their respective outfits waiting for them.  As we pulled into the outlet mall, Ruby yelled, "My shoooooes."  I am so awesome and on top of things that I failed to remember shoes.  Epic fail.  First stop was to buy a pair of shoes.  They rubbed.  I bought her a pair of loafers (that I also loved); she refused to wear them.  We had a war over two dollar flip flops, and she kicked them off in the next store we entered and sat down to throw a fit when I insisted they return to her feet before walking outside.  The nerve of me.

Aside from the shoe saga, I did find plenty.  I'm hoping the Under Armour bag on Jimmy's side of the bed will be a distraction from the other 342 bags elsewhere.  It was simply the product of a great time with my mom and good sales.

Also, I got new glasses.  I don't have to squint through my wrong prescription, toddler-manhandled glasses any longer.

I have to go to bed before I start typing in gibberish, because a) my eyes are shut and b) 3sgjsdgjkldmsblvdf

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...